Vegan Instant Pot Southern Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Prep for 5 minutes
Cooks for 17 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 2-3 people, as a side.
It’s Vegan! ✌🏻
- Sweet Potatoes (2, Large)
- Veggie Broth
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Wash your sweet potatoes under running water, and then quickly chop them into thirds, then each third in half, and throw ‘em into the Instant Pot, skin & all!
- Add in about two cups of veggie broth, a cup of water, a heavy pour of olive oil, and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Add in all seasonings, except cinnamon, very liberally.
- Use a stirring spoon to mix everything together so that all the potatoes are coated evenly with the liquids and seasonings.
- Add in just a dash or two of cinnamon, and cover.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to the Pressure Cook setting, and go by the auto-set time based on the weight of your potatoes, but it should be about 17 minutes.
- Hands off & let it cook!
- Gently mash your potatoes when they are finished, which will only take a minute or two using any size spoon because they will be so tender!
- Serve with plant-based butter and a pinch of salt on the side of your favorite home meal, such as Vegan Country Fried Steak.
~ Jessica G.