Super Easy Vegan Potluck-Style Potato Salad
Prep for 20 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4-6 people, or 10+ people if doubled.
It’s Vegan! ✌🏻
- Red or Russet Potatoes (5-6, Large)
- Celery (One Bunch)
- Green Onions (One Bunch)
- Purple Onion (One, Large)
- Jalapeño (1-2)
- Dill Pickles
- Plant-Based Mayo
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Pepper
- Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning (Optional)
- Begin by placing a large pot of water onto high heat, and allow it to come to a boil.
- While your water is heating up, large dice your potatoes into the size of chunk you’d like; though I recommend cubes that are about an inch or larger on all sides.
- Once your water is boiling, place all of your diced potatoes into the pot with just a little salt, and allow them to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
- When your potatoes are ready, strain them through a metal or heat-resistant colander & then place them into your fridge without covering them in order to let them cool.
Remember: cooling prepared food down too quickly can be dangerous, so make sure that the potatoes cool gradually, and are not set aside to cool while covered.
- Chop up the rest of your veggies (jalapeño, green onion, celery and purple onion) into thick chunks.
- Place your veggies into a mixing bowl and evenly coat with a light layer of balsamic vinegar, black pepper and lemon juice. Stir lightly, and place in the freezer.
- Also, if your potatoes have cooled down enough to be cool to the touch, move them into the freezer as well.
- While all of your veggies are cooling down quickly in the freezer, mix up the potato salad dressing in a small bowl.
- You can make this by starting with a base of about a cup of refrigerated plant-based mayo. Personally, I use the always-classic Follow Your Heart Vegenaise, which is delicious. Whatever mayo you’d like, use that. Now add in two tablespoons (2 tbsp.) of Dijon Mustard, a splash of pickle juice (really- just straight out of a jar of pickles, if you got it), a squirt or two of Lemon Juice, and then Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, and Lemon Pepper, to taste. Also, add in a few dashes (pun intended) of Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning, if you have it.
- Now, in a large serving bowl, combine all of your elements together- potatoes, diced veggies, and the mayo mix.
- Lightly stir everything together with a flat mixing spatula, and then top it off with a little extra black pepper and paprika, and salt if you need it.
- Everything is already cold, so it’s ready to eat right away! Or throw it in the fridge, and it’s ready whenever.
- Have a bowl for yourself, and then share the joy!
~ Jessica G.