Vegan Fried Ravioli with ‘Feta’ & Pesto
Prep for 1 ½ hours
Cook for 30 minutes
Ready in 2 hours
Serves 16 ravioli, 2-3 people
It’s Vegan! ✌🏻
- Pine Nuts
- Sliced Almonds
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- Filtered Water
- Black Pepper
- Garlic, fresh
Veggies & Bulk:
- Violife 100% Vegan ‘Just like Feta’ Block
- Gyoza Wrappers
Seasonings & Extras:
- Black Pepper
- Garlic, fresh
- First, start by making the pesto. You’ll need quite a bit of minced garlic for the pesto, as well as the ravioli, so get it all out of the way by shelling and mincing about ½ of a head of garlic. Seriously.
- Now, grab a food processor, and put a little more than half of your Minced Garlic into the bowl.
- With the garlic, include:
- 2 cups of Fresh Spinach
- ½ cup of Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- ½ cup of Pine Nuts
- ½ cup of Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup of water
- Blend until smooth.
- You’re not done! Now, add:
- 1 cup Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Rosemary (to taste)
- Blend until smooth again, and then set aside in your refrigerator for later.
- You’re ready to make the ravioli! Start by getting out a medium-sized skillet, and placing it on low heat.
- Throw in about two spoonfuls of plant-based butter, as well as the garlic you have set aside from earlier. Stir occasionally.
- Chop one bunch of Green Onion, and include in the skillet. Turn the heat up slightly to medium-low, and continue to stir occasionally.
- Get yourself a large surface ready, either a counter top or a large baking sheet, and lay out 16 Gyoza Wrappers face-up.
- Take out your Violife 100% Vegan ‘Just like Feta’, and place a small spoonful onto one side of each wrap.
Make sure you’re still stirring the onion and garlic in the skillet, too! Those little bits of garlic will burn quick!
- When your wraps are all ready with cheese, just quickly add a few handfuls of Spinach into your skillet, top with a dash of Salt and Olive Oil drizzle. Lightly stir, then cover and allow to quickly wilt.
- Once the Spinach has wilted fully, stir it lightly and add a bit of Rosemary and just a dash of Cinnamon. Stir again, and remove from heat.
- Now, add about one (1) tablespoon of Spinach into each wrap, placing it on top of the feta.
- Once each one is ready, simply use a bit of filtered water on your fingers to moisten the edges of each wrap, and then seal ‘em up!
- If you are making these for later, then simply place these into a Tupperware container with a bit of cooking oil on each, and store in the refrigerator briefly, or in the freezer for a few days.
If you are making these for now, then just rinse out the skillet you used for the spinach (or not, no one’s watching…) and place a bit of cooking oil in it, place on medium-high heat, then throw the ravioli in there.
- Fry the raviolis lightly by cooking them in the oil on the medium-high heat setting for about five or six (5-6) minutes on each side, allowing them to become golden brown and slightly crunchy.
- Once the ravioli is finished cooking, turn the heat down to medium-low and then include as much pesto as you’d like– I used the whole batch! Stir lightly until serving temperature.
- Top with extra Vegan Mozzarella Shreds, if desired, and allow to melt.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
~ Jessica G.