“Cheezeburger” Biscuit Bombs
Prep for 1 hour 10 minutes
Cook for 20 minutes
Ready in about an hour and a half
Serves 4 biscuit bombs
It’s Vegan! ✌🏻
Veggies & Bulk:
- Beyond Beef, Ground (½ package, 8 ounces)
- Violife Just Like Epic Mature Cheddar
- Yellow Onion (1)
- Jalapeño, fresh (1-3)
- Garlic, fresh
Seasonings & Extras:
- Plant-Based Butter
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Nutritional Yeast
- Lemon Pepper
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Plant-Based Butter, cold
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Lemon Juice
- Plant-based Parmesan
- Fresh Rosemary
- Black Pepper
- First, begin to thaw your Beyond Beef Ground, if it is not already thawed.
- Start by using an electric mixer and a large bowl – or a standing mixer – to mix the following ingredients on low, in order:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp cold nondairy butter
Take a few moments to mix this blend, and make sure those ingredients incorporate fully. Then, add:
- ½ cup Plant-Based Parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh Rosemary
- ¼ tbsp ground Black Pepper
- Incorporate all ingredients well, keeping your mixer on low until you have a nice, thick dough.
- Place a small bit of cellophane or other food cover over your dough in the bowl, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450F, and allow your oven to heat while the dough cools.
- Now, get out a pan and place on low heat. Toss in about a tablespoon of Plant-Based Butter and allow that to begin to melt.
- Quickly rough-chop one yellow onion, and throw those pieces into the pan to allow to sauté with the butter.
- You want your onion to cook slowly in the butter for a while, so while your onion is sautéing, take out the Violife Just Like Epic Mature Cheddar block and slice about half the block into very thin slices– or just use a cheese grater, and grate it into very thick pieces — and set aside.
- Now, slice off about ½ of your block of Beyond Meat (that is hopefully thawed!) and place it into your pan with the onions and butter. Take a moment to stir those ingredients, and add a bit more plant-based butter or cooking oil (I use Olive Oil) into the pan, if needed.
- Turn the heat up on your pan up to medium-high, and stir your ingredients continuously, breaking up the Beyond block into grounds as it cooks.
- Next, add the following seasons liberally, to taste: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Nutritional Yeast; plus a dash or two of Lemon Pepper.
- Continue to stir your ingredients, and then let sit for a few minutes.
- While your pan is sitting, take a moment to seed, pit and small-chop one jalapeño pepper, and then toss that into your pan.
- Now, mince a bit of fresh Garlic (at least one clove) and throw that in there, too. Stir it up!
- Turn up the heat just a bit to crisp up your ingredients now that you’re almost done, and just add a bit of extra Salt & Black Pepper while you’re at it.
- Once the pan is very hot, begin stirring your ingredients continuously.
- Measure out and include 4 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp of plain Ketchup, and incorporate completely.
- Your filling is almost done! Just turn down the heat all the way to medium-low, toss in your prepared Just Like Cheddar and then cover with a lid to allow the cheddar to melt completely into the rest of the filling.
- While that sits and melts, quickly grab and grease a muffin pan, and grab your dough out of the fridge.
- Place the dough onto a prepared surface (such as a counter top sprinkled with flour) and beat it down with your hands, and then tear it into 4 equal parts.
- With each part of dough, take a moment or two to roll it out to about ¼” thick and then lay it out over a single muffin cup on your pan.
- Using your fingers or a fork, gently press the dough to form a bowl-shape within the muffin cup, leaving the top open.
- Ready each of the dough pieces in this same way, and by then the cheddar should be fully melted into your filling.
- Take a moment to ensure that all of your filling is evenly mixed – and very cheezy – and then scoop about one or two heaping spoonfuls into each dough cup.
- Once you have distributed all of your filling, simply top each with a few pickle chips or a bit of relish (optional).
- Finish up your cheezeburger biscuit bombs by pinching the dough completely closed at the top.
- Now, simply top with a bit of extra Rosemary and Plant-Based Parmesan for garnish and then place in the oven!
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool for at least five minutes after they leave the oven, and then enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
~ Jessica G.